Being a professional dancer for most of my life, one thing I definitely mastered was makeup. From a full stage look to a minimal beach glow…. and everything in between, I know how to beautify myself. This fast paced LA life has caused me to stay on my toes and be ready for anything. There have been so many times where I have been laying in bed looking like a sloth and gotten a call to be ready for a photo shoot, audition, casting, or god knows what other last minute opportunity life wanted to throw at me. Needless to say, I know how to beat this face QUICK honey!
Here is a quick, 5 minute, step-by-step guide for my everyday “go to” look:
1. First thing’s first…. ALWAYS start with a clean face and apply your favorite moisturizer or primer. I like to use Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. It goes on really smooth and leaves your face feeling like a baby’s booty.
2. Apply foundation all over your face and neck (Please don’t forget your neck!! There’s nothing worse than a girl who’s neck is a different color than her face). I love using Make Up Forever Ultra HD (in the color Y315) for an everyday look. It provides a good amount coverage without leaving you looking like a cake face.
3. Next it’s time to hide those bags with some concealer! I use Tarte Shape Tape (in the color light neutral). It’s seriously the best freakin’ concealer out there. But be careful with this guy….its really thick, so just a tiny swipe under the eye will be enough. I like to use the leftover concealer on my beauty blender and dab the area in between my eyebrows and down the top of my nose.
4. Now for some bronzer. Ok so, I’m a little bit crazy when it comes to bronzer because I like to make myself look more tan than I really am, so I use Too Faced Matte Bronzer in the Color Dark Chocolate! Yes, Dark Chocolate! I just make sure to apply lightly. Get those cheekbones, top of the forehead area, and lower chin and jawline area for a light contour.
5. Ok, now for the most important part! BROWS! I fill my eyebrows in with Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in the color Dark Brown. This duo has two colors…. I mostly use the light one.
6. Yay! This is my favorite step! Highlighter!! Best highlighter in the game by far…. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in the shade Champagne Pop! Trust me when I tell you that you NEED this product. You will be glowing for the gods! You’re welcome!
7. Ok, so, I have eyelash extensions right now so I don’t really use mascara, but when I do, I use Too Faced - Better Than Sex. It’s really dark and thick, just how I like it! Apply a little bit to your bottom lashes too if you’re feeling wild.
8. Last but not least…. Time to gloss those lips up. I like to lather up with my favorite lip gloss from Sephora brand - Perfect Nude. It’s literally that…. The perfect nude!
Ok, now that I’ve told you my everyday go-to makeup routine, I have a confession to make….
That didn’t take me 5 minutes! Oops!
More like 15 minutes. But I had already named this post “My 5 Minute Everyday Makeup Look” and it sounded so good I didn’t want to change it!
So, here’s what i know:
- I lied. Sorry! Won’t happen again.
- I’ve tried a lot of makeup products in my lifetime and these are by far my favs.
- Sleeping with your makeup on is THE WORST thing you can do! Please take your makeup off every night before you go to bed! You’re too beautiful for that kind of self sabotage!
Sending you love,